There will be those who tell you that one orthodontic solution is better than the others. But when you take a closer look, you may just find that your individual needs may not exactly line up with the top benefits of one type of the other: traditional braces or clear braces such as ClearCorrect®. Take a look at the top benefit and considerations for each style of orthodontic appliance to get a better idea about which one will work best for your lifestyle.
Considerations for Conventional Metal Braces
Traditional braces are still one of the approaches to aligning misaligned teeth, and not without some very compelling reasons.
These are some of the top reasons people go with conventional, metal braces:
- They’re generally the fastest way to straighten teeth that are severely overcrowded
- They can only be removed by the orthodontist, so there’s no possibility for a braces wearer to “cheat” and take them out on a whim
- Modern metal braces look much more stylish than those of yesteryear. Couple that with the declining stigmas surrounding wearing braces
Considerations for Clear Braces (Clear Aligner Trays)
While metal braces have enjoyed unrivaled staying power in the field of orthodontics, it’s hard to look past the meteoric rise of clear aligner systems like ClearCorrect. Instead of having an orthodontist affix metal braces to the teeth, clear aligners are custom made to slide snuggly onto the teeth – and you don’t need a dentist to put them on for you.
- These are some of the top reasons people choose clear aligner trays:
- They’re clear and are very hard for people to detect
- They’re removable, so you can take them out before eating, drinking hot beverages or consuming anything that could stain them
- They work fast when worn diligently
- Because they’re removable, they’re easier to clean than metal braces
More on Braces and ClearCorrect in Phoenix, AZ